Here are some of the websites that I have found useful for information and support.
Hearing-loss and tinnitus related links
- Action on Hearing loss (UK) – Charity providing advice and support for those with hearing loss. Leaflets are useful and catalogue of equipment.
- Association of Teachers of Lipreading (UK) – Directory of Lipreading classes
- Connevans – Extensive catalog of equipment for deaf people
- Emergency Text 999 (UK) – Service for deaf and hard of hearing to alert emergency services (999) via text – simply register your number to use
- Hearing Link (UK) – Charity supporting those with hearing loss and their friends and families
- Hearing Dogs (UK) – Charity providing hearing dogs for deaf and profoundly hard of hearing people
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Therapy (UK) – Has been shown in some studies to raise hearing levels if used soon enough after the drop
- Jewish Deaf association (UK, London) – Charity supporting those who are deaf or hard of hearing living in North London, regardless of faith.
- Limping Chicken (UK) – Deaf News and blogs from the UK
- Lipreading practice – Excellent resources to support those learning to lipread
- Living with Tinnitus and Hearing Loss – Facebook Support Group
- Next Generation Text Service (UK) – Service which uses relay assistants to communicate via text on behalf of deaf/hard of hearing
- Sounz Off (UK) – Directory of relevant links for Deafened/Hard of Hearing
- Sudden Hearing loss and Tinnitus – Facebook Support Group
Vestibular related links
- Labyrinthitus Support Group – Facebook Support Group
- Labyrinthitus.org.uk (UK) – website written by two labyrinthitus sufferers (now recovered) – an excellent resource of information
- Menieres Society – Charity for people with balance disorders (not just Menieres)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (UK, London) – Top London hospital for Neuro-otology (inner ear issues)
- Rob Hopkins Medicine (USA) – Conducting primary research into vestibular disorders
- Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) – really useful website for information on vestibular related issues
- Wobblers Anonomous (USA) – Support group for those with vestibular issues
- Dizzy Times – Henry Wilkinson
- Good Vibrations – Richard Turner
- Menieres-Disease.com – Karin Henderson
- Opinions My Own – Jennifer Douglas
- The Dizzy Brunette – Susi
- a video playlist on my YouTube Healing the Dizzies Channel for videos on Hearing Loss, Vestibular issues and natural methods of supporting the body to heal itself.
- I have a healthy eating Pinterest Page filled with recipies to help you detox your body
- I’ve designed some badges to make my life easier and save me from having to talk about my hearing loss with everyone I meet. I sell a range of designs on Ebay which I can also send directly to you – contact me here.