Here are some of the websites that I have found useful for information and support.
Hearing-loss and tinnitus related links
- Action on Hearing loss (UK) – Charity providing advice and support for those with hearing loss. Leaflets are useful and catalogue of equipment.
- American Tinnitus Association – Interesting podcasts about tinnitus
- Association of Teachers of Lipreading (UK) – Directory of Lipreading classes
- Connevans – Extensive catalog of equipment for deaf people
- Emergency Text 999 (UK) – Service for deaf and hard of hearing to alert emergency services (999) via text – simply register your number to use
- Hearing Link (UK) – Charity supporting those with hearing loss and their friends and families
- Hearing Dogs (UK) – Charity providing hearing dogs for deaf and profoundly hard of hearing people
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Therapy (UK) – Has been shown in some studies to raise hearing levels if used soon enough after the drop
- Jewish Deaf association (UK, London) – Charity supporting those who are deaf or hard of hearing living in North London, regardless of faith.
- Limping Chicken (UK) – Deaf News and blogs from the UK
- Lipreading practice – Excellent resources to support those learning to lipread
- Living with Tinnitus and Hearing Loss – Facebook Support Group
- Next Generation Text Service (UK) – Service which uses relay assistants to communicate via text on behalf of deaf/hard of hearing
- Sounz Off (UK) – Directory of relevant links for Deafened/Hard of Hearing
- Sudden Hearing loss and Tinnitus – Facebook Support Group
- Tinnitus Talk Support Forum – A great source of resources, news and a great support network for those struggling with tinnitus
Vestibular related links
- Labyrinthitus Support Group – Facebook Support Group
- Labyrinthitus.org.uk (UK) – website written by two labyrinthitus sufferers (now recovered) – an excellent resource of information
- Menieres Society – Charity for people with balance disorders (not just Menieres)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (UK, London) – Top London hospital for Neuro-otology (inner ear issues)
- Rob Hopkins Medicine (USA) – Conducting primary research into vestibular disorders
- Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) – really useful website for information on vestibular related issues
- Wobblers Anonomous (USA) – Support group for those with vestibular issues
- Dizzy Times – Henry Wilkinson
- Good Vibrations – Richard Turner
- Menieres-Disease.com – Karin Henderson
- Opinions My Own – Jennifer Douglas
- The Dizzy Brunette – Susi
- I’ve put together a video playlist for you on my YouTube ‘Healing the Dizzies’ Channel for videos on hearing Loss, vestibular issues, tinnitus and natural methods of supporting the body to heal itself.
- I have a healthy eating Pinterest Page filled with recipes to help you detox your body.
- I sell these badges which make life easier as you can easily point to it if you need people to be aware of your hearing loss or disability. These are available on Ebay.co.uk or I can send them directly to you contact me here. If you are in the US you can also purchase them on Zazzle.com. below is just a small sample of what is available.